- UNLIMITED ACCESS
- Course Certificate
0 STUDENTS ENROLLED
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Java
- Taught by a Stanford-educated, ex-Googler, husband-wife team
- Please don’t take this class if you have already signed up for our From 0 to 1: Design Patternscourse (that includes a far longer and more in-depth version of this material)
This is a quick and handy course with exactly what you need to know (nothing more, nothing less!) about the MVC paradigm in Java.
Let’s parse that.
- The course is quick and handy: It explains the Model-View-Controller paradigm, the Command and Observer design patterns in just the right level of detail for you to put these to work today.
- The course has exactly what you need – nothing more, nothing less. It starts from zero, builds up the design, then gives plenty of real-world examples, but crisply and quickly.
- The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art – all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
- The Model View Controller Paradigm
- Observer Design Pattern and event handling
- Command Design Pattern and action objects
Talk to us!
- Mail us about anything – anything! – and we will always reply 🙂
What are the requirements for taking this course?
- Basic knowledge of Java
What are you going to get from this course?
- Over 15 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- Understand the Model View Controller paradigm, the Observer and Command Design patterns that are at the heart of modern UI programming
- Understand exactly how the Model View Controller paradigm is used in Java, both in Swing and in JavaFX
- Implement event and menu handling using the Observer and Command design patterns
- Identify how the MVC paradigm manifests itself in different UI programming use-cases
- Gain a superficial understanding of JavaFX and Properties and Bindings
Who is this course for?
- Yep! Programmers who know some Java, but are new to User-Interface programming
- Yep! Programmers who are a bit short on time and would like a quick refresher of the design priniciples underlying modern UI programming in Java
- Nope! Folks that are entirely new to programming (we’d suggest our From 0 to 1: Java class for you instead)
- Nope! Folks that are looking to learn Design Patterns in depth (we’d recommend our From 0 to 1: Design Patterns course for you instead)
- Nope! Folks that are looking to learn Swing or JavaFX in detail (we’d recommend our From 0 to 1: JavaFX and Swing course for you instead)
No Reviews found for this course.