- UNLIMITED ACCESS
- Course Certificate
Programming interviews are like standard plays in professional sport – prepare accordingly. Don’t let Programming Interview gotchas get you down!
- Programming interviews differ from real programming jobs in several important aspects, so they merit being treated differently, just like set pieces in sport.
- Just like teams prepare for their opponent’s playbooks in professional sport, it makes sense for you toapproach programming interviews anticipating the interviewer’s playbook
- This course has been drawn by a team that has conducted hundreds of technical interviews at Google and Flipkart
- Pointers: Memory layout of pointers and variables, pointer arithmetic, arrays, pointers to pointers, pointers to structures, argument passing to functions, pointer reassignment and modification – complete with visuals to help you conceptualize how things work.
- Strings: Strings, Character pointers, character arrays, null termination of strings, string.h function implementations with detailed explanations.
- Linked lists: Visualization, traversal, creating or deleting nodes, sorted merge, reversing a linked list and many many problems and solutions, doubly linked lists.
- Sorting and searching algorithms: Visualize how common sorting and searching algorithms work and the speed and efficiency of those algorithms
- Recursion: Master recursion with lots of practice! 8 common and uncommon recursive problems explained. Binary search, finding all subsets of a subset, finding all anagrams of a word, the infamous 8 Queens problem, executing dependent tasks, finding a path through a maze, implementing PaintFill, comparing two binary trees
- Step-by-step solutions to dozens of common programming problems: Palindromes, Game of Life, Sudoku Validator, Breaking a Document into Chunks, Run Length Encoding, Points within a distance are some of the problems solved and explained.
Talk to us!
Mail us about anything – anything! – and we will always reply 🙂
What are the requirements for taking this course?
- This course requires some basic understanding of a programming language, preferably C. Some solutions are in Java, though Java is not a requirement
What are you going to get from this course?
- Over 80 lectures and 19.5 hours of content!
- Know how to approach and prepare for coding interviews
- Understand pointer concepts and memory management at a very deep and fundamental level
- Tackle a wide variety of linked list problems and know how to get started when asked linked list questions as a part of interviews
- Tackle a wide variety of general pointer and string problems and know how to answer questions on them during interviews
- Tackle a wide variety of general programming problems which involve just plain logic, no standard algorithms or data structures, these help you get the details right!
Who is this course for?
- YEP! New engineering graduate students who are interviewing for software engineering jobs
- YEP! Professionals from other fields with some programming knowledge looking to change to a software role
- YEP! Software professionals with several years of experience who want to brush up on core concepts
- NOPE! Other technology related professionals who are looking for a high level overview of pointer concepts.
No Reviews found for this course.